Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Simpson Desert Trek 3 - LIVE 2024 Expedition

This page will be updated by my friend John (Tasmanian) during the expedition. We will only write in English here. Usually the text will translate in French or other language if you have decided your browser to translate in another language. You can always copy paste the thext in GoogleTranslate or DEEPL to have it in the language you want.

Due to new rules at Facebook and Twitter, since 1 July 2024 it is NOT possible anymore to have the content of Garmin MapShare automatically posted to Facebook or Twitter. It has to be done manually.

CLICK  THE IMAGE: Live Tracking GARMIN 
EN: Click on the button VIEW ALL TRACKS in the top right corner.
FR: Cliquez sur Voir tous les tracés sur le bouton en haut à droite.

Follow (and share with friends) my social media FaceBook or Instagram @LonckeLph as I will post live when in Birdsville.

D0 - 30/07/2024:
Ian is driving me to Old Andado Station. We will fill in the jerricnas there to avoid carrying all that water from Alice Springs. From there I will prepare the cart to be ready to start the next day in the morning. I always want to start in morning to have a full day starting an expedition.

D1 - 31 JUL: 
I woke up, had my last food "supported" and off to the East towards the Geographic center of the Simpson Desert. It's located about 165 km from Old Andado. I reached the GeoCenter in 2008 with the cart and in 2016 without the cart.

D2 - 01 AUG:
Blabla

D3 - 02 AUG:
Blabla




No comments: